General Responsibilities: The interior designer will provide design support and consulting on client projects.
- Collaborate with IOP sales and design team and clients to gather project information and develop creative and functional design solutions that meet the clients’ requirements, aesthetic, and budget.
- Design floor plans and specify creative solutions to proactively impact the sales process.
- Take abstract information from client issues and apply Steelcase insights and learnings in a way that yields creative and thoughtful applications.
- Use in-depth knowledge of design trends, products, applications, and code requirements to act as a trusted design advisor to clients in corporate, healthcare, education, and more.
- Foster client relationships through design knowledge, continual support, and flawless execution.
- Provide continual support to clients for moves, additions, and changes to their existing workplace.
- Create computer-generated design documents including furniture quotes, floor plans, renderings, and installation instructions.
- Perform field measures to ensure accurate space layouts and dimensions.
- Produce space plans, finish palettes, furniture specifications, and installation drawings.
- Work efficiently to meet project deadlines while balancing multiple projects.
- Keep up to date on new product offerings from Steelcase.
- Maintain and continuously expand product knowledge and familiarity with secondary vendors.
- Work with account managers and assist walk-in clients as needed.
- Troubleshoot installation issues with installation crew.
The above duties may be supplemented with additional duties as assigned.
Formal Education and Experience
- Professional degree in interior design from an accredited program
- 2+ years of interior design experience, preferably within a commercial furniture dealership or design firm
- Professional certifications preferred, but not required: NCIDQ, LEED, EDAC
- Advanced Computer Skills (AutoCAD, 3-D rendering programs, Microsoft Office)
- Experience with CET SmartTools/Canvas/Configura, CAP 2020, and Project Matrix preferred
Special Training or Skills Needed
- Able to commit time to self-directed and mandatory continuous learning opportunities to keep up to date on design trends and new product offerings.
- Comfortable working on a team & interacting directly with clients
- Undertakes design challenges with a fresh approach
- Verbalizes design with imagination and creativity
- Able to deliver exceptional customer service on all interactions
- Communicates with enthusiasm, clear articulation, and professionalism
- Able to work within deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Strong organization and graphic skills with attention to detail
To apply, please send a resume to James Gaspar at email@example.com or contact James at 605-275-3101.